Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy (belated) New Year!

Today was the last day of our Christmas break - it went by so quickly!  Instead of spending it relaxing at home, I took Owen to school (he started back today) and spent the day working in my classroom.  I took down all of the Christmas decorations, and worked on turning my pile of "to be filed" from this:

into this:

As organized as I am, I really, really, really HATE filing.  But it is finished!  It feels good to start the new year with a nice, empty filing tray :)
I also used my time today to prepare some New Year activities to do with my class tomorrow.  We will be doing several activities from a blog I just love, Primary Perspective.  So while I spent my actual new year like this

tomorrow my class will spend the day writing New Year's goals, graphing what time they went to sleep on New Year's Eve, and playing a New Year Memory game from Really Roper, another great blog.  I'm looking forward to a fun-filled day of learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...