Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shiver Me Letters!

Hello friends!  I hope you are staying cool during this giant heat wave!  Owen and I have been mostly indoors, with the exception of a super fun trip to a water park with friends.  That has given me plenty of time to work on a Pirate ABC pack freebie for you!
As you may remember, I am going with a pirate theme in my classroom for the upcoming year.  In my last Scholastic order of the year, I just happened to have ordered the book "Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC" written by June Sobel and illustrated by Henry Cole (this was even before I had decided on a pirate theme!).
I *love* this book!  The illustrations are adorable, and it is a great review of the alphabet for the beginning of the year.  Plus, it will help set the stage for our pirate decor.  BUT...even if you're not decorating like a pirate, your students will still love this book, and hopefully the activities that I've created to go with it!  So, here it is!

Shiver Me Letters
I hope you enjoy these activities and can use them with your students.  If you download, all I ask is that you please follow my blog (more freebies are coming, I promise!), leave a comment, and/or pass the word along to others!  I appreciate your support :)

3 comments:

  1. Love this activity! Thank you so much! I'm also doing a pirate theme! I just found your blog and it is so cute!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the author of this book and I absolutely love your activity. I guess you'll be celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day on Septmber 19th. So glad you enjoyed Shiver Me Letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, I am so honored that you like my activity! Thanks for sharing "Talk Like a Pirate Day." I didn't know about that & will definitely be celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...