I have been getting my craft on today, inspired by projects I found on Pinterest. I have seen these cute clipboards on several pins, so I decided to try my hand at making them.
Aren't they cute?
I have never used Mod Podge before, so making my clipboard was an adventure to say the least. I am
freakishly somewhat of a perfectionist, so the little wrinkles and bubbles in the paper I was adhering were driving me CRAZY! Thankfully, after it dried it was much better. Here is the finished product...
I really like it, but when I lifted the clip, a teeny, tiny piece of paper stuck to it and ripped, which will also probably drive me crazy. My husband pointed out that if I have paper on the clipboard it won't even show, so I guess it will always have something on it :)
The other project I saw was to make a paper sorter using the flat rate boxes from the post office. And of course, more of the Mod Podge.
This project didn't have directions or a finished photo, so I just had to wing it. Owen and I picked up a few boxes today, and I put them together, leaving one end open. I cut the extra box flaps off, and then hot glued them together rather than using duct tape (I didn't know how well the Mod Podge would adhere to that). Then I chose some patterned and solid scrapbooking paper, and used the Mod Podge and a foam brush to adhere it to the box. I tried a tip that I read online and waited about 10 minutes before putting the Mod Podge over the paper, which seemed to help the wrinkles. To finish the shelves off (and to cover up the writing) I used a tape runner to stick black paper on the inside of the sorter. It turned out really cute, and seems pretty sturdy. I will probably use it to store reading group materials or unfinished work from each table group - I haven't decided yet. Here is the finished sorter:
I could not get a good shot without getting glare from the Mod Podge.
Another shot of the sorter (please ignore the clutter in the background :)
So there are two more projects to check off of my list! I still have my behavior clip chart, name tags for desks, welcome signs, and a banner to make, along with a few pirate accents to jazz up my bulletin boards. I have not been able to get into my classroom so far this week because they are waxing the floors in my hallway, but when I can get in, I will post pictures! It is coming along - our open house is Tuesday the 30th, so it needs to be finished by then.