Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Still Working...

Wow, I can't believe that we are already into the second week of August!  School will begin before I know it.  I have been working diligently on projects in my classroom and for my classroom - and don't worry, I am still working on the book-based substitute plans!  I want them to be top notch for my followers (and free!).
I went to Lowe's the other day and purchased paint for some shelves in my classroom.  I chose "sauteed mushroom," which is a nice, darker tan color.  Three coats later, they are finished!  Here are the before...
Chipped, flat ivory paint.
And after...
A nice, satin beige finish!
I do love the way they turned out.  They now match and look so much nicer, and fit with my color scheme.  Speaking of colors, have you seen these on Pinterest?  
I think these would be great for Daily 5 word work, so while I was at Lowe's I picked up a stack.  All I need to do is add the chunks and make some letter & blend strips for the students to use with them.  Great idea, huh?  Pinterest has really inspired me to create some cool things for my home & classroom.  If you're not pinning yet, you should be!  If you'd like an invitation, leave a comment with your email and I'll send one your way.  You'll thank me later :)
Finally, my husband did come to my classroom the other night to help me rearrange.  He was VERY helpful (that is, after I convinced him that *12* first graders at a table was a bit much!!!).  Coming soon I will post pictures of my layout and progress, but it is just too much of a mess to take pictures of right now.  Owen has set up his own "Lego office" in one whole corner of the room, along with all of the boxes of orders and clutter that comes along with the beginning of a new school year.  I'll keep working away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...